I love the fact that there are so many interesting topics to learn about! While the list of topics we can take an interested in could easily fill multiple blog posts, I think the most important topic each of us should spend time studying… is ourselves.
If we’re interested in living a fulfilling and satisfying life, we need to regularly spend time understanding how we’re uniquely wired. This can come through reading about behaviors and habits we’d like to embody, taking (and reflecting on) self-assessments, and journaling. While this is not a comprehensive list to self-discovery, it is a good starting point.
As you begin learning about yourselves, you start to discover things like:
- When are you at your best?
- When are you at your worst?
- What captures your heart?
- What were you uniquely created to do?
- How do your respond to stress?
- What do you do better than most other people?
- What should you avoid doing?
- What are some areas of your character that you need to improve?
- When do you feel most alive?
- What drains you?
- Where in your life are you living below your ability??
The more we understand how we’re created and what makes us tick, the better we can decide how to invest our lives during the years we’re blessed with. Because it’s challenging to know what to do with something when we don’t understand how it works.