On Wednesday afternoon, I heard from a friend that her husband’s surgery that we’ve been praying about went great, with “no surprises”. I love that kind of news! I was so grateful to hear it and prayed a prayer of thanksgiving and gratitude to God. As I was praying, and enjoying the moment, I was reminded that I don’t have time.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got time to give God praise all day long, but in that moment, what struck me was that I don’t have time for things like:
- Things that cause division between people
- Holding grudges
- Judging others
- Needless worry (which most worry is)
- Spending time with consistently negative people
- Harboring negative thoughts
- Listening to the endless stream of outrage, hate, and anger
- Consuming content that leads to any of the bullet points above
I’m so grateful to God, not just because of my friend’s good surgery report, but because of who He is and what He’s done for me.
Out of that gratitude, I realize that I don’t have time to waste like that.