“Everybody is ignorant, only in different subjects.” ~Will Rogers
Think of all the things you know, from your skills, to experience, to the knowledge you possess. If you were to write them all down, it would likely take multiple sheets of paper.
Now consider all the things you don’t know. Whereas your list of things you knew would fill pages, the list of what you don’t know would fill multiple volumes. I know my list would!
And that’s ok.
This quote reminds me that although I have many skills, talents, and knowledge I can offer the world, I am also dependent on others to do the same.
For instance, I know nothing about:
- Indoor plumbing (except for how to use it!)
- Electricity distribution
- Growing fruits and vegetables on a large scale
- Processing oil into gasoline
- Building a refrigerator, oven, microwave, or other major appliance
- Performing dentistry
- Or a zillion other things!
However, fortunately for me, there are other people that know all about these topics, and who gladly offer their skills and talents in service to the rest of us.
For that, I’m grateful!